Today I’m featuring Karilyn Bentley and her new book, The Detective’s Dragon.
Questions for Fan Girl Thursday
- Where do you story ideas come from? Some books are just from my imagination. Others, I see a news story and wonder, what if.
- Are you in control of your characters or do they control you? It’s a little bit of both. I give them a direction and they let me know whether or not they want to go that way. Sometimes they are obedient and other times they aren’t!
- How much of your personality and life experiences are in your writing? Very few of my life experiences are in my writing. My personality usually comes through in my writing, although the heroine of my urban fantasy series is way snarkier than I am. <g>
- What is the most rewarding thing about being a writer? Having fans that like my writing.
- Tell us a little about your latest book. The Detective’s Dragon is the 4th book in the Draconia Tales series and features Jamie, the boy from the first three books. He’s all grown up in TDD and is searching for his heroine. He finds her, but she’s in our world. Here’s the official blurb:
As a Halfling with little magic, Jamie is barely considered a Draconi, his sole talent finding jewels and lost people. But when he dreams of a human female in trouble, he has no choice but to save her, even if it means crossing dimensions into a different realm. Unfairly accused and placed on administrative leave, Detective Ruby Parker is determined to regain her position on the Denver police force. When an attempt to kidnap her fails, she must learn to trust the stranger who appears from nowhere to help her. Unlike in Draconia, Jamie’s powers work in Parker’s world, his longing to wield magic finally fulfilled. But is working magic worth leaving his family and friends? When Parker realizes she loves Jamie, she must make a choice, follow her heart to a different world, or remain alone and attempt to regain her beloved job. What happens when the one you love lives in another dimension?
Fast Round Questions
- Fruit or Chocolate? Currently fruit. I’m trying to be good!
- Coffee or Tea? Tea
- Go to the movies or watch TV? TV. But you can watch movies on the TV. Is that an option? <g>
- What is your favorite punctuation mark? The comma.
- Why? It’s curvy and can be placed in different spots in a sentence to imply different meanings.
Links for The Detective’s Dragon
Where to find Karilyn